Do you want to make a comforting, complete and nourishing dish? We have what you need ! This delicious split pea soup with bacon and winter vegetables is the perfect dish to warm up with appetite around a steaming plate and to delight the taste buds!
For 4 people
200 g split peas
1.5 L of salted water
70 g smoked bacon
1 clove of garlic
1 to 2 cloves
1 bay leaf
- Rinse the split peas in clean water and put them in a pot of salted boiling water. Skim from time to time and cook.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the garlic. Peel and cut the potatoes and the carrots. Run the leeks under cold water and slice them into slices.
- Finally, peel the onion and prick it with the cloves.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil in a casserole dish then sweat the garlic and leek with a pinch of salt. Then add the carrots and potatoes. 5. Once colored briefly, pour the vegetables into the pot with the split peas, onion, bay leaf and 50 g of pre-chopped bacon. Simmer 40 minutes at low broth.
- At the end of cooking, remove the onion, bay leaf and bacon, then mix the vegetables. Add the cooked bacon to the broth and brown the rest in a pan before adding it to the soup.
- Serve the split pea soup with bacon piping hot.