simple dish to make. Lamb meat has the particularity of being very tender and fragrant. It is served with a few prunes, crunchy almonds and sesame seeds, an oriental dish with a thousand flavors.
- Start by peeling and slicing the onion, then sweat it in a Dutch oven with olive oil.
- Once translucent, add the lamb previously cut into equal-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper, then flavor it all with cinnamon, sweet pepper, and a pinch of ras el-hanout.
- Brown the meat then pour in 30 cl of water, the prunes, and cover. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Then remove the lid and add the sesame seeds and almonds. Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the semolina as indicated on the package. Incorporate a piece of butter once the semolina has swelled.
- Serve the lamb and prune tagine piping hot, with a few mint leaves. Enjoy your meal!
For 6 persons
1.2 kg of boneless lamb shoulder
4 sprigs of mint
20 g butter
350 g semolina
125 g almonds
4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
1 C. sesame seeds
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 pinch of ras el-hanout
1 pinch of sweet pepper